Thursday, June 25, 2009

3..2..1..BLASTOFF!

Jacob is with us 4 weeks out of the summer. He has made a few friends in the neighborhood, which is nice. I told him if he gets bored I will find something for him to do. :) Jake and his buddy Nick have recently taken an interest in these little rockets. You can buy kits to assemble, paint, etc. My dad used to do this when we were younger, however, we were mostly just spectators. The rockets HAD to have an elaborate, and perfect paint job you know. I think it was more for the big kids now that I look back. Anyway, Jacob sets off his rocket in the field across from us.

The setup.
Doesn't he look happy that I made him pose with his rocket? :)

And it's OFF! The quad is the chase vehicle. They have had to search for rockets in the field. They come down with a parachute, but can still be hard to find.

5 comments:

Amanda Irene said...

keeps'em busy looking for the rocket. : )

I'd do it. : )

The Johnston's said...

Kyle has lots of rockets.
He has 3 that work right now.
He has to fix the other ones

chris k said...

That looks really cool. Are you working Monday - Friday during the summer?

Kara said...

Fun! See, I'm trying to enjoy the bug phase Adam is in, because I know in a few short years it will be rockets and other explosives.

amber said...

Looks like fun! I agree with Kara! I like the safety of toad fascination, but know bigger and better is coming!