Friday, July 10, 2009

Addison's Surgery

We started off July with Addie getting tubes in her ears. It was a very early morning, which made for a long day, but she did very well. I scooped her out of bed and put her in the car. Of course by the time we got to the surgery center she was WIDE awake...at 6 am. She sat and played on her bed until it was time for surgery, and she didn't even cry when they carried her off(which made it easier for me). She was a little fussy and groggy after surgery, which took a total of 15 minutes. I gave her Tylenol a couple times during the day, but now she is such a happier girl. We go back for a check-up next week, and to get some ear plugs for the water. I'm just happy she's not miserable anymore. Here are a few pics from that day.

Hello?
Waiting for the doctor....silly girl.
This is how I found her, konked out on her bedroom floor that afternoon.
This is not typical for her, but she was still feeling the drugs.

7 comments:

chris k said...

Tubes tend to make a big difference. I'm glad that she did so well. We also got Trevor some kind of ear-band which held in the tubes and he felt more confident while swimming that it would hold in the tubes. Just something to look into.

amber said...

What a cutie! Hope the tubes help. No more infections!!! Is she calling Jackson in that picture?

Jenny LaBo said...

Its so nice that it went well for her! I hope this does the trick. Is it an immediate relief that she feels?

Laurie said...

Chris, I've heard of the ear-bands, I'll definitely be looking into getting one.

Amber, yes, I think she misses Jackson.

Jenny, after the first day I think she started feeling relief. Yeah for happy babies.

Amanda Irene said...

yeah for happy babies! Her hair is looking so cute by the way.

The Johnston's said...

She is sooo big. I can't wait to see her in a few weeks.

Kara said...

She is so precious. These pics just melted my heart!