Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Strawberry Picking

Alright, so after Addie's haircut, I decided to try picking strawberries, with a one year old. I DO NOT recommend this however, as we had to stop after a very nice berry was squished between little fingers. I was able to pick about 1/2 quart, just enough for a little snack for the both of us. They were SO YUMMY and sweet, I didn't even have to dip them in sugar like I normally do. :) I still want to get some more this year and make a pie, but I'm not sure I will have the chance, without a helper that is. They were worth it though.

The loot.
Enjoying the fruit of our labor.
Yummy....Addison LOVES fruit!!

4 comments:

chris k said...

Kaleb and Trevor gave up fast too. I was able to pick a lot and make freezer jam. She is such a cutie!

Kara said...

Laurie! I will bring you some strawberries from my parents! They have a ton this year. I am going Saturday for a fam reunion, I 'll try to snag some.

Laurie said...

Kara, you are the BEST sister-in-law EVER!! Have fun Saturday.

Amanda Irene said...

yummy!!