Friday, May 16, 2008

Baby Update

As requested, here's an update on the pregnancy. I'm feeling pretty good all things considered, but I'm ready to have this little girl.

37 1/2 weeks. This is how I hope to spend a lot of my summer days. :)















38 weeks






































Things I enjoy about being pregnant:
  • Feeling the baby move
  • Attention(sometimes)
  • An excuse to eat ice-cream(not that I really need one)
  • Anticipation of seeing our baby girl
  • Ultra-sounds, hearing her heartbeat
  • Did I mention feeling the baby move
Things I miss about not being pregnant:
  • MY FEET! (I haven't seen them in a few months)
  • Sleeping on my stomach
  • My normal clothes
  • Not having to get up twice a night to go to the bathroom
  • No back/rib pain
  • My complection (I wouldn't call it 'glowing', darn hormones)
  • Caffeine
It's all worth it in the end, and I can't wait to meet our little one.

12 comments:

Kara said...

Well Sarah should be very happy with those pictures! Your are beautiful, but I know you are more than ready to be done. I can't wait to hold her. Again, I will answer the phone at any time if you need me. I know every possible route to the birthing area.

Laurie said...

Thanks Kara, I know I can count on you. :)

Pam said...

You only get up twice a night? I think at the end I was getting up 5 and 6 times. blech!
You do look beautiful! When I come up, and I will be up frequently, we'll have to have "playdates" at the pool :)

chris k said...

You look great! The pregnancy isn't as fun towards the end, but you're right, very worth it when you see that baby. Enjoy your ice cream...

Kara said...

I'm with Pam, at least 5 times a night.

The Speer's said...

You look great. Can't wait to see the little one. Enjoy what sleep you can get now before the baby comes.

Chris said...

Okay, I could have done without the naked belly picture!

Jenny LaBo said...

Oh for the love Chris.
Laurie you are so darn cute...I am concerned because I might not be able to give up caffine if I ever get pregnant. You are a lover of pop as am I . You are truly a hero in my eyes.

Laurie said...

Pam, I can't wait for playdates! 3 times a night is my max., guess I should feel lucky.

Chris L, close your eyes. he he

Jenny, you can actually have caffeine when you're pregnant, I think up to 2 cups a coffee a day, which has more caffeine than soda. My sister had it throughout her pregnancy, and I have it on occasion, I'm just not addicted to it anymore. :)

The Johnston's said...

Your Pictures do look great Thank you for posting them for me. I can't wait to get to see her what was her name again??

I know, I know, I have to wait

I jump when the phone rings because i'm thinking that it is you or Holly calling me to let me now a baby is on the way.

Pam said...

It's getting so close! I'm really excited for you!! Praying praying that you'll go sooner than later :) AND praying all goes well and healthy.

Amanda Irene said...

Wow now thats a baby belly!! I click on it and blew it up for the kids. You don't have any stretch marks?!? Thats great and you really do look great. The whole experience is amazing. I remeber contracts and feeling these two roll around. It was great fun!