Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Big Happy Pumpkin

Addison has a book called My Big Happy Pumpkin, so we used the book as inspiration and teaching while carving our pumpkin.



We wash it and dry it, then cut off the top.

We scoop out the seeds and the pulp and the slop.

We take all the mess and we throw it away - into the trash-that's where it will stay.

We cut out two circles to make giant eyes, and a triangle nose that's just the right size. We carve out a smile and put in a light.

My big happy pumpkin shines in the night.


My pumpkin is happy and I'm happy too. For God picked me out, and he made me like new. He washed all my sins and he threw them away. I show God I love him each time I obey.

I'm God's special child, he made me complete, from the hair on my head to the toes on my feet. I'll try to be good so that others can see God's love and God's light, shining through me.

No comments: