Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Health Update

Well, I saw my doctor today, and apparently weight loss was a concern and therefore a symptom. It is most likely a thyroid condition, but blood work will confirm and hopefully specify what type. My resting heart rate is high at about 100, while sitting. When I walk around carrying Addie, it gets up to 120. So, my doctor gave me a script for that. I will find out more in a couple days when the test results come back. I have a follow up appointment next Wednesday to discuss results and treatment. Please keep me in your prayers.

6 comments:

Pam said...

I had no guesses on the earlier post, but I have been praying for you all along. Glad you got some answers and are getting more.

Jenny LaBo said...

Praying Laurie. PLEASE keep us up to date.

Laurie said...

Thank you for your prayers. My heart rate got up to 140 today from just walking into work, or after taking a shower. So I'm filling a script that my doctor gave me for that.

Kelly Glupker said...

Oh my goodness! Your heart rate is verrry high! How are you checking it after showers and such? Are you wearing a monitor?

Laurie said...

No monitor Kelly. I time my pulse for 15 seconds and multiply by 4.

chris k said...

Praying for you to feel better and to get some information from the tests.