Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Chocolate Raspberry Bars

This is for Kara.  I made these last weekend and they are very YUMMY! They also look pretty and are easy to make.















1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1/4 cup butter
FILLING:
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons milk
1 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
GLAZE:
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening

In a bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until browned. Spread jam over warm crust. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add vanilla chips; beat until smooth. Spread carefully over jam layer. Cool completely. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. For glaze, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Cut into bars; chill 1 hour longer. Store in refrigerator. 

8 comments:

Kara said...

I love recipes! I love chocolate! Thanks Laurie.

Anonymous said...

Lady! YOU ARE AWESOME!! Why in the WORLD do we have to live so FRIGGEN' FAR APART!?!?! Thanks for sharing this recipe...not sure if I'm ever gonna be able to MAKE it, but I love you for putting it up there!! By the way...how are YOU doing these days?!?
brandi

Anonymous said...

BTW...why do I always show up as "anonymous" when I try to leave a comment!?

amber said...

Yummy! I'm going to try these!

amber said...

Yummy! I'm going to try these!

Laurie said...

Brandi, I KNOW, I wish we could live closer. I do like that blogging and facebook keeps us connected. I makes me feel closer to you and your family. :)

Try logging in with your username before you comment(so you are not anonymous).

chris k said...

Please tell me that the picture was yours on your festive dining room table! Looks good.

Laurie said...

Chris k, sorry, I can't take credit for the picture, it's from taste of home, but mine did look like that.