Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Ground Crew

I have been helping a fellow co-worker/friend with their hot air balloons for a few years now. I have been up 3 times so far, and it is awesome. For the most part I help setup, chase, and bring down the balloon. Jacob went with me last time to see what it was all about. He wants to go up next time. If you ever have the chance to take a ride, it is well worth it. There is also a hot air balloon festival in Midland in September that is always fun.

















Jacob helping to inflate the balloon(envelope).

















Inside view of the envelope.

















Up up and away....

















Sometimes there are other ballooners that go up too.
It's fun to watch them all, very beautiful and peaceful.

















Nice soft landing.






















Jacob testing out the basket, I think he's excited to go up next time.

6 comments:

Kara said...

What beautiful pictures! THat does look fun, maybe someday Casey and I can have a romantic ride through the sky.

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun!
Please let me know when the balloon festival is in September. Steve & I would love to take the kids.
Tracey

Kelly Glupker said...

How fun! Is it scary up there at all, or pretty smooth?

Pam said...

I'm with Tracey? When is it in September? We would love to come as well. I know Little James would think it's cool :)

Jenny LaBo said...

Looks like fun Laurie!!

Laurie said...

Kara, hmmm, that might make a good anniversary present. :)

Tracey & Pam, looks like the balloon fest in Midland is Sept. 14, 15, and 16th. You can check out the website at: http://www.remaxofmidland.com/balloonfest.cfm

Kelly, it's not scary at all, much smoother than a plane ride, and very peaceful. You see a lot of wildlife too.