Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Year Ago....

My dad had surgery a year ago after being diagnosed with stage 3 melanoma cancer. He had all the lymph nodes under his right arm removed, and some tissue on the back of his shoulder/upper back. He has had a long recovery, and some setbacks (including a seizure), but is doing well now. His last blood tests and CT scanned showed NO cancer in his body!! PRAISE GOD! He is feeling a lot better, continues to do exercises, and has started golfing again. If you know my dad, you know not golfing for a year was like torture. hehe We are SO THANKFUL to have my dad with us today. We didn't know last year what to expect, but put our trust in God. Thank you to all that have prayed for my dad and our family through this trial, we appreciate all of you.

1 comment:

Kara said...

I'll never forget going up there to celebrate his 60th birthday a little early. There was this silent doom in the air...
And now look at him! God is so good.