Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Midland Balloon Festival

Last weekend was the hot air balloon festival in Midland. The pictures don't do it justice, it is so cool looking up to the sky and seeing over 50 balloons all flying at once. Dean was able to go for a ride on Saturday night. I got to go up Sunday morning, although it was a short ride. I never get tired of being up in the balloon, it is so peaceful and always such an awesome view. Unfortunately, Jacob was not allowed to come with us to the festival, but hopefully we will still be able to get him up for a ride this fall. Dean thinks we should get our own hot air balloon and start flying, I wouldn't mind. The couple I help out has two balloons, which were both in the festival. One is called Dreamweaver (pink, black, purple), and the other is Dunderchief (green, black, marroon). Among some of the favorites at the festival are Garfield, Sugarbear, U of M, MSU, and one shaped like a hamburger. No duck or barn this year though.



9 comments:

Kara said...

That's so cool! Glad Dean was able to go for a ride, too!

Jenny LaBo said...

I had a dream about hotair balloons last night. Josh and I were trying to get snacks for whoever was going up. I wanted to get now and laters so they would last a long time.

Kara said...

Jenny, you are funny! I would buy junior mints, even though they wouldn't last as long

Laurie said...

I like both, I just like treats in general. :)

Pam said...

Looks like fun! I always like going to the balloon fest in Midland. Very cool for kids to watch. Maybe next year.
Oh and I'm with Kara, Jr. Mints...wouldn't the minty taste last just as long??

Kara said...

Very good point, Pam. You are always thinking. :)

Jenny LaBo said...

I love Jr. Mints. I probably picked the other in my dream because I was giving it away.
Hey Laurie I keep thinking of that chocolate cake you make with the crispies on top. I miss it!

Laurie said...

Chocolate cake with crispies? Oh, maybe it was Elcruncho bars, yes a lot of people like those, and very easy to make.

Kelly Glupker said...

That looks like so much fun. I would love to give it a try.