Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Up North

Jacob and I went up to my parent's in Cheboygan for a few days, about two weeks ago. We went tubing down the sturgeon river in Indian River, just as I did when I was a kid. This was Jacob's favorite thing we did. We also went to my dad's family reunion, and Dean was able to come up for a day to join us at Mackinaw Island. The three of us biked around the island(it's the thing to do) which is about 8.5 miles. It was nice to visit with everyone and Jacob was able to meet some more of my family. It was his first time meeting grandpa George(my dad). On the way home, we stopped by my uncle's farm to see his baby pigs.

7 comments:

Kara said...

Love the pics, very nice!! I love the picture of you and Jake with the bridge in the background.

Kyle is so great with kids, he'll be a good daddy.

Where are those caves- is that Mackinaw Island?

Laurie said...

Kara, that's one of my favorites too.

Kyle will be a good daddy, I just bought a little bib today for the little guy that says 'I love my aunt'. I guess it should say 'aunts'. :)

The cave is on Mackinaw Island, it's not much of a cave, the picture just makes it look that way.

Jenny LaBo said...

Laurie,
I love these pictures. Especially the one "Our family" it is so sweet. It looks like Jacob had a great time!

Oh and the link on your website *which is really cool by the way* to your resume doesn't work.

TraceyLD said...

Those are some great pictures. You need to frame some of those and hang them at home.

Glad you are enjoying your summer.

Laurie said...

Jenny, I did know about my broken link, just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. The website was for my final portfolio class, and I would actually like to redo the whole thing in Flash. :)

Tracey, I plan on making a small scrapbook for Jacob of all his summer activities with us. I'll probably frame a couple too for me.

Jenny LaBo said...

Laurie,
It's a great sight. Flash is a great idea. I miss being in the lab sometimes. Making cool projects and everything. I miss my AV days!

Laurie said...

I'm enjoying working on projects that aren't for school. :)